Dawn House Women’s Shelter is offering free training for people working with clients affected by domestic and family violence. Please see all details below:
DFV Fundamentals: training for people working with clients impacted by Domestic and Family Violence.
The training will take place 9am-12.30pm on Tuesday 17th April
This practical training is aimed at workers and will focus on:
- What is domestic and family violence?
- Barriers for women identifying and leaving abusive relationships
- Respectfully responding to domestic and family violence
- The effects of domestic and family violence on children
- Working with traumatised clients
- Safety planning
- Mandatory reporting obligations
- Resources and Services that exist to support victim/ survivors of DFV in Darwin
Training is free, and places are strictly limited. To reserve your place, please contact Alex Richmond at email@example.com
Successful applicants will have their place confirmed and be advised of the Darwin venue within a week.